You may know SKF as the world leading supplier of products and solutions in the rolling bearing business. In addition, we are one of the leading players in seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems, and services which include technical support, maintenance services, condition monitoring and training. The inherent skills and competence of our around 40 000 employees help us to fulfill our objective of creating more intelligent, sustainable and innovative customer solutions. SKF is a truly global company with presence in more than 130 countries, serving an extensive range of industries and customers worldwide.
SKF Lubrication Business Unit/Reelcraft Industries, Inc., located in Columbia City, Indiana is immediately seeking an experienced Design Engineer. Reelcraft Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the manufacturing and sales of hose and cable reels.
Working within the Engineering Department, this position will work closely with the New Product Engineering Supervisor. The Design Engineer designs new product, performs existing product maintenance and lab testing, utilizes engineering tools (CAE, MS Office), and provides technical support for shop floor and outside customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist internal/external customers with technical assistance to achieve their requirements
- Establish project goals and timelines on a per job basis
- Verify timely completion of projects
- Assist in “engineered product” quotation and negotiation.
- Capable of handling multiple projects concurrently, in a high pressure, fast paced environment, working independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement solutions quickly under compressed time line
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form with coworkers, management, production employees, vendors, and outside customers
- May require infrequent travel (including international travel) to vendors, customers, etc to establish their specific needs
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Technical discipline – BSME preferred
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Process engineering capabilities, DFSS and computer programming experience strongly preferred
- Enhanced communication skills: written & verbal for handling customer requirements
- Previous Technical Sales skills both over the phone and face to face would be preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and their limitations both internal and external (Casting, Molding, Machining, Stamping) along with knowledge of industry related standards relating to standard applications of hydraulics, pressure wash, and pneumatics: working-burst pressure factor, common seal types, material selection (carbon, stainless, aluminum, etc.). Hands on fabrication and mechanical skills are desirable
- Proficiency in 3-D CAD software; preferably Solid Edge