Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership is an economic development team serving as a single point of contact to businesses interested in locating to the 10-county region. By listening client needs, they can assist with locating a site or building, gathering detailed business cost and economic data, and securing a competitive incentive package by working closely with local, regional and state partners.
The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership has a large focus on the following regional initiatives:
• Development of certified third party sites – The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership maintains a site certification program for “shovel ready” sites. Read more here.
• Vision 2020 – Focuses on aligning the Fort Wayne region’s economic development efforts around five key areas: 21st Century Talent, Competitive Business Climate, Entrepreneurship, Infrastructure and Quality of Life. Read more on the Vision 2020 page.
• Big Goal Collaborative – Works to increase the number of Northeast Indiana residents with a high quality degree or credentials to 60% by 2025. Read more about the “Big Goal Collaborative” here.
• Millennial Leaders Alliance (MLA) – An extension of Vision 2020, which gives Millennials an active voice and role in Vision 2020 and directly aligning with Vision 2020’s mission for Northeast Indiana of developing, attracting, and retaining talent. Read more here.
• Business Retention and Expansion Efforts – A web-based platform designed to assist the region’s local economic development organizations (LEDOs), manages information received through regular meetings with local industry. In addition to providing a tool for tracking business needs at the local level, NE Insider also provides a vehicle for aggregating certain data across all 10 counties in Northeast Indiana.
• Industry Cluster Initiative – Key industry clusters identified in the Fort Wayne region are advanced manufacturing, defense/aerospace, food processing, insurance, medical devices and logistics. By focusing economic development efforts on growing these existing clusters, Northeast Indiana’s asset base is strengthened, creating a support framework for business expansion, new business formation and business attraction/relocation. View cluster reports here.